Friday, January 1, 2010

1

It takes a little listening to get beyond the darkness and the silence. There is no geography, no marker as of yet, even to allow for a feeling of disorientation. A memory for color suggests that there is none of that, either, although the closest equivalent would be a blackish mauve whose heaviness oppresses and obliterates everything that might be submerged within it. Since there is still the ability to remember things, to place them in some taped-together form of chronology, and since, apparently, there are still thoughts and impressions to add to this chronology, there is still a progression of time. And there is a comfort to this condition, or whatever it is. Somewhat to his surprise, this feeling of comfort comes to an end when, from the depth of wherever he is, there comes, from a distance, a noise.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Damian,
    I'm laughing again thinking about the only child comment you made in class yesterday. I really enjoy your sense of humor. I did read some of your postings last week, but didnt comment. Since you mentioned it, I'm back and ready to give my unprofessional opinion. I like this 1st post. It was scary but made me curious and want to keep reading.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete